Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Afternoon Sports Beat - JimTraber.com
 Jim Traber Forum : Jim Traber - Talk Radio : The Afternoon Sports Beat - JimTraber.com
Message Icon Topic: Ryan Broyles is a changed person Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Cicero
Big League
Big League

Online Status: Offline
Quote Cicero Replybullet Topic: Ryan Broyles is a changed person
    Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:02am
Okay so we all remember this:

That was 2 seasons ago,
but what many don't know is that Landry Jones who is a solid Christian went to Broyles before last season and shared Christ with the guy, and God used that to change Broyles' life.  Here is the new Broyles just last weekend at the Antioch Community Church Block party sharing his testimony of how God changed him.  I know this is the sports section, but I think it is pretty cool that Landry had the guts to go to Broyles and that God used that to change Broyles life!

"It is an indisputable scientific fact that each and every legal surgical abortion stops a beating heart and stops already measurable brain waves."
IP IP Logged
Brandon Rush
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Brandon Rush Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:11am
I remember how solid of a Christian he is next time he high steps into the endzone...

2 totally unrelated issues but whatever, glad he found God
When this whole thing blows up, it is totally not my fault.
IP IP Logged
SoonerC
Ultimate
Ultimate

Quote SoonerC Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:16am
Yeah, a mention of his problem at the gas pump might have played a little better there than talking about how he celebrates a td.
IP IP Logged
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:30am
good for Broyles.  cool story
IP IP Logged
Cicero
Big League
Big League

Quote Cicero Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Brandon Rush

I remember how solid of a Christian he is next time he high steps into the endzone...

2 totally unrelated issues but whatever, glad he found God

Why so negative Brandon???  This is a positive story.  Broyles used to be a punk, but now he is a good guy.  If you look at last year, he did not do any showboating, and if you look back at the interviews last year, he was not near as cocky and arrogant.  I am not saying he will be perfect (because no one is) but overall this is a positive thing and I was able to notice it last year on the field.  The punk highstepping thing was 2 years ago before Landry talked to him and before his change of heart. 

BTW Sooner, I forgot about the gas pump thing.  He really did used to be a punk.  He seems pretty genuine now from hearing him talk and from hearing Landry talk about him.  By the way, it wasn't just that he was highstepping, it was that they were losing so miserably.  It was very arrogant and self-centered of him.

Edited by Cicero - 12 July 2011 at 9:43am
"It is an indisputable scientific fact that each and every legal surgical abortion stops a beating heart and stops already measurable brain waves."
IP IP Logged
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Cicero

I remember how solid of a Christian he is next time he high steps into the endzone... 2 totally unrelated issues but whatever, glad he found God

Why so negative Brandon??? This is a positive story. Broyles used to be a punk, but now he is a good guy. If you look at last year, he did not do any showboating, and if you look back at the interviews last year, he was not near as cocky and arrogant. I am not saying he will be perfect (because no one is) but overall this is a positive thing and I was able to notice it last year on the field. The punk highstepping thing was 2 years ago before Landry talked to him and before his change of heart.

BTW Sooner, I forgot about the gas pump thing. He really did used to be a punk. He seems pretty genuine now from hearing him talk and from hearing Landry talk about him. By the way, it wasn't just that he was highstepping, it was that they were losing so miserably. It was very arrogant and self-centered of him.

I have known quite a few arrogant and self-centered Christians. Glad he's a Christian, but I bet he's still a punk.
IP IP Logged
SoonerC
Ultimate
Ultimate

Quote SoonerC Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 11:40am
Wow
IP IP Logged
bixbyfellow
Big Daddy
Big Daddy

Quote bixbyfellow Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 1:03pm
Awesome story. Glad OU has a kid like Landry that is willing to share his faith.
IP IP Logged
SoonerC
Ultimate
Ultimate

Quote SoonerC Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Lebowski

Originally posted by Cicero

I remember how solid of a Christian he is next time he high steps into the endzone... 2 totally unrelated issues but whatever, glad he found God

Why so negative Brandon??? This is a positive story. Broyles used to be a punk, but now he is a good guy. If you look at last year, he did not do any showboating, and if you look back at the interviews last year, he was not near as cocky and arrogant. I am not saying he will be perfect (because no one is) but overall this is a positive thing and I was able to notice it last year on the field. The punk highstepping thing was 2 years ago before Landry talked to him and before his change of heart.

BTW Sooner, I forgot about the gas pump thing. He really did used to be a punk. He seems pretty genuine now from hearing him talk and from hearing Landry talk about him. By the way, it wasn't just that he was highstepping, it was that they were losing so miserably. It was very arrogant and self-centered of him.

I have known quite a few arrogant and self-centered Christians. Glad he's a Christian, but I bet he's still a punk.

If he's truly a Christian, and not just someone that says he is a Christian or people think is a Christian, then he most certainly is not a punk.
IP IP Logged
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 1:09pm
Not true. Christianity doesnt make someone not a punk...it offers forgiveness for being a punk and then a process of sanctification of being less punkified...so the best we can say is he is less a punk today than he was yesterday.
IP IP Logged
Brandon Rush
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Brandon Rush Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 1:11pm
Just because he is a Christian doesn't mean that he wont taunt his opponents, hard to believe that he wont flash a "horns down" or flip a ball at an opponent this season just because of his new found faith...

be glad he has found God, but that doesn't make him "not a punk"
When this whole thing blows up, it is totally not my fault.
IP IP Logged
SoonerC
Ultimate
Ultimate

Quote SoonerC Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by da_greek_poke

Not true. Christianity doesnt make someone not a punk...it offers forgiveness for being a punk and then a process of sanctification of being less punkified...so the best we can say is he is less a punk today than he was yesterday.

You define it how you want and I'll define it how I want. I have seen becoming a Christian change people to the point that you don't recognize them and they have no desire to act the way they used to. Sure all people go backwards at times but a person knows when they do if they are a Christian.
IP IP Logged
SoonerC
Ultimate
Ultimate

Quote SoonerC Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 1:52pm
This is a sports board though so I don't want to get too out there. I was just pointing out subscribing to the Christian faith and the actual act of being a Christian are 2 entirely different things. Less than 2 months to the first games!!!
IP IP Logged
Cicero
Big League
Big League

Quote Cicero Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by SoonerC

This is a sports board though so I don't want to get too out there. I was just pointing out subscribing to the Christian faith and the actual act of being a Christian are 2 entirely different things. Less than 2 months to the first games!!!

Amen Sooner, faith without works is dead, and you judge a person by their fruit. 

Either way, without the debate, it seems like Broyles has his life on track now.  I hope this is the case.

Now, Landry Jones, that is one solid dude who is genuinely a Christian and a good guy. 

LOL I say "solid" and I mean it in regard to his character.  I see him at church and think to myself, "man if he would lose 10-15 pounds,  he would be a whole lot more mobile".  

Edited by Cicero - 12 July 2011 at 3:02pm
IP IP Logged
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 3:41pm
mention anything about Christianity on this board and several will start to feel uncomfortable
IP IP Logged
thunder man13
Solid Individual
Solid Individual

Quote thunder man13 Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by cro1

mention anything about Christianity on this board and several will start to feel uncomfortable
That's unfortunate, but it seems true.
IP IP Logged
ITRZ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Quote ITRZ Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 6:34pm
Afterall,the old Broyles even considered OSU.
IP IP Logged
ITRZ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Quote ITRZ Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 6:35pm
cro1- Make that America as a whole.
IP IP Logged
Shawnmusicmin
Ultimate
Ultimate

Quote Shawnmusicmin Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 7:18pm
I praise God for this story. WOW, GO GOD!
The question remains, Do you believe Jesus Is Who He says He Is?
IP IP Logged
cubs_fan
Yard Bird
Yard Bird

Quote cubs_fan Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2011 at 8:12pm
I see this guy at least once a week at the YMCA volunteering with kids... he is consistently there every week.  It looks like he might be there with his girlfriend, but at least he's there, right?
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version